Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Review: Yama's Lieutenant

Yama's Lieutenant Yama's Lieutenant by Anuja Chandramouli
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In the end, we only go where our hearts lead us.



Now that's what I call a book.

Being a fan of Indian Mythology, I was bound to love Yama's Lieutenant.

I didn't know the stories about Yama and Yami, so I googled the established mythologies about them, started the book and BOOM!!!

Agni Prakash, the protagonist, is a simple man, wanting to overcome the tragic death of his twin sister Varu, who then is informed that he has been the chosen one - Yama's Lieutenant and will be asked to do all the sacrifices in order to save the world from destruction.

But saving the world from the monsters has never been easy for anyone, has it? specially for heroes who are destined to have a destruction in life of their own.

Between the tragic life of Sanjana, Surya, Yama, Yami and Chhaya, you find yourself strangled in it too.

The story and concept, in it's own way, was distinctive. The consistency and efficiency in writing style in it, is surely to turn heads.
A lot of thinking have been put into the book, in each emotions and sentences, and it is visible in each word I read in Yama's Lieutenant.

Varu's Book in Yama's Lieutenant is more than awesome. I was so much engrossed in her stories, that I re-read all the chapters that were from Varu's book.

Writing style is pedantic and calls for a serious read. The peak quality of language presented by Anuja, is not to be found anywhere else.

What surprised me was even till the end the author has maintained her perfection with the language and had full control over it.

I judge a book from its cover and for me, it worked completely.
'Yama's Lieutenant' has everything that I could have asked for in a book.

I'd say this book is a treasure for the mythology literature.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books!

Archit's best books

Riding
Harables: Short Stories 1
Keeping The Promises
The Trip
She: Ekla Cholo Re
Aqson Level I
The Dying Dance
The Arrival
No Safe Zone
The Yorkshire Biryani
How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
Scarlet Nights
The BNO
Yama's Lieutenant
Monkeys, Motorcycles, and Misadventures
Coinman: An Untold Conspiracy
Mr Bean In Town
Ines' Words
Diary of a Minecraft Alex #2
Diary of a Minecraft Alex #1


Archit Ojha's favorite books »